By: Stacey Godbold
Safety Storytellers: Jay Hocutt of UCOR
On this week’s episode, Stacey is joined by Jay Hocutt, a Construction/Heavy Equipment Program Manager who works for UCOR, which stands for United Cleanup Oak Ridge LLC. Based in Tennessee, UCOR is the lead cleanup contractor for the Department of Energy Oak Ridge Office of Environmental Management.
Stacey and Jay discuss:
- Jay was in the U.S. military for ten years working with tanks, earned a Bachelors of Science degree in business, then worked in restaurants for ten years.
- As a restauranter, he saw all kinds of work-related incidents, including slips, trips, knife cuts, burns, you name it.
- After working in the hospitality industry, he worked for a drilling company and became a certified safety professional (as well as a certified well driller!).
- How safety has been the foundation of nearly all of Jay’s various jobs.
- Writing UCOR’s construction and heavy equipment safety program.
- How safety software has evolved over the years.
- The benefits of using virtual reality (VR) in safety.
- The need for safety professionals to be able to adapt to new situations.
Thanks to our guest for being on our safety storytellers podcast.
Connect with Jay Hocutt on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jay-hocutt-csp-cwd-sge-a2424573/
Learn more about how UCOR is safely reducing environmental risks: https://ucor.com/
Sospes was built to allow employees to connect in safer, more productive workplaces.
Subscribe to the Sospes YouTube channel (where we also post podcasts): https://bit.ly/SospesYouTube
Connect with Sospes:
Subscribe to our podcast:
This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.