By: Stacey Godbold
Safety Storytellers: Peter Susca
In this episode, Stacey is joined by Peter Susca, who is a Principal for Operational Excellence LLC, which also is known as OpX Safety.
Stacey and Peter discuss:
- How Peter, as a kid, was into science and was kind of like the character of Penny Hofstadter from the sitcom Big Bang Theory.
- Peter’s view that the safety profession correlates to the betterment of human beings.
- How a CEO can change an organization’s stance toward safety much faster than a general safety professional can.
- How a CEO’s vision for safety sometimes gets diluted the further down it goes in an organization.
- Integrating safety into the value set of a business.
- How the way we fight fires has changed and how we have to play catch up.
- The process is where the risk lives. If you can understand the process, you can predict risk.
Thanks to Peter Susca for being on our podcast!
Connect with Peter on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-t-susca-4824432
Learn more about Operational Excellence LLC / OpX Safety: https://www.opxsafety.com/
Sospes was built to allow employees to connect in safer, more productive workplaces.
Subscribe to the Sospes YouTube channel (where we also post podcasts): https://bit.ly/SospesYouTube
Connect with Sospes:
Subscribe to our podcast:
This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.