By: Stacey Godbold
Safety Storytellers: Scott DeBow of Avetta
On this week’s episode, Stacey is joined by Scott DeBow, Principal HS&E expert at Avetta, a provider of supply chain risk management software.
Stacey and Scott discuss:
- How wonderful it would be if kids dreamed of entering into the safety profession when they grow up.
- How the safety industry is always a challenge.
- That safety should never be boring, yet it’s hard to make, say, compliance interesting at a human level.
- The following common safety assumption: “if we reduce the frequency of safety incidents, then we’ll also reduce the severity of safety incidents.”
- How people closest to the risk are the richest source of intel.
- Scott’s working title (which is very tongue-in-cheek!) for his next book is “I’m Sorry I Stuck My Finger In Your Eye, But It Was Necessary”! (You’ll have to listen to the whole podcast to get this one!)
Thanks to our guest for being on our safety storytellers podcast.
Connect with Scott DeBow: https://www.linkedin.com/in/scott-debow-csp-arm-70a76521/
Learn more about Avetta’s supply chain software: https://www.avetta.com/
Sospes was built to allow employees to connect in safer, more productive workplaces.
Subscribe to the Sospes YouTube channel (where we also post podcasts): https://bit.ly/SospesYouTube
Connect with Sospes:
Subscribe to our podcast:
This episode was produced by Story On Media & Marketing: https://www.successwithstories.com.